Low-carb chequerboard cake
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Mix the egg substitute in a large bowl according to the instructions
- . Add all the remaining ingredients (except the protein powder and cocoa) and mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Divide the batter. Add the vanilla protein powder to one half and add the chocolate protein powder and cocoa to the other half. Mix again with a hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into two baking tins or baking dishes lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C (top/bottom heat) or 180 °C (fan oven) for approx. 45 minutes.
- Tip: When I bake the cake, I always place the baking tin on the base of the oven for the first half of the time and only in the second half on the middle or top shelf. This prevents an unfinished cake base.
- I also always cover the cake with baking paper during the first half of the baking time so that it doesn't get too dark on top.
- Leave to cool after baking (preferably overnight in the fridge).
Step 2: Cut out the rings using the appropriate moulds.
Step 3: Assemble the rings alternately to form a complete cake. To make it stick together better, simply cut the top of the dark-coloured cake and the base of the light-coloured cake. It sticks better this way. Use dark chocolate and icing sugar for the icing. Cut the pattern out of paper.
Nutri-Plus wishes you bon appétit!
Created by: V-Reena
some egg substitute for 3 eggs
40 g Nature's protein powder, vanilla
40 g Nature's protein powder, chocolate
3 tbsp semolina
1 packet of vanilla pudding powder (unsweetened)
3 tsp liquid sweetener or Xucker light (sweeten to taste, approx. 4-5 tbsp)
some lemon zest or a dash of lemon juice
some baking cocoa
dark chocolate and powdered Xucker for the icing if desired