Succulent chocolate cake with buckwheat flour
Preparation time: 60 minutes, including baking time
Makes one cake with a diameter of 16 cm (8 pieces)
- Cook the sweet potato in its skin for about 30 minutes
- Then remove the skin and mash the sweet potato together with the beetroot and 200 ml water.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Then mix the buckwheat flour, coconut blossom sugar, 40 g cocoa powder, Nutri-Plus protein powder, psyllium husks and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir in the sweet potato cream and mix everything into a batter. The batter should be nice and creamy, but not too runny.
- Now place the dough in the oven for around 45 minutes. If the surface gets very dark in between, cover the cake with some aluminium foil.
- Shortly before the end of the baking time, do the stick test to make sure the cake is really done. Take the cake out of the oven at the end of the baking time and leave it to cool.
- Blend all the ingredients together thoroughly and spread over the cake. Decorate it as desired with coconut chips or ingredients of your choice.
Nutri-Plus wishes you bon appétit!
50 g beetroot
100 g buckwheat flour
100 g coconut blossom sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground psyllium husks
30 g Nature's Protein, chocolate
80 g organic cocoa powder, for baking
400 ml water
100 g dates, pitted
50 g cashew nuts, soaked
30 g coconut chips